#2463: Carly’s Starnet Pig Farm Servers – Serco’s Long-Range 8(a) Group – Cameron Spy in Fort Meade Bag

A Request by United States Marine Field McConnell 
Images Leading To A Proof by Contradiction Of Assertions Below 
Plum City Online – (AbelDanger.net) 
September 26, 2015

1. AD ASSERTS THAT FORMER HP CEO CARLY FIORINA EQUIPPED STARNET IN VANCOUVER WITH HP SERVERS TO SUPPORT DEATH POOL BETTING AT THE PICKTON FAMILY PIG FARM IN B.C. where blackmailers tracked online gamblers as they bet on the time of death of women or children.

2. AD ASSERTS THAT SERCO’S LONG RANGE 8(A) GROUPS would deploy to the pig farm and other venues (425 Carrall Street, Vancouver) to conduct reconnaissance before snuff-film crews – flown to nearby airports on the U.S. Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System – activated the death pools.


United States Marine Field McConnell (https://abeldanger.blogspot.com/2010/01/field-mcconnell-bio.html) is writing an e-book “Shaking Hands With the Devil’s Clocks” and invites readers to e-mail him images (examples below) for a proof by contradiction of the three assertions above.

Media Coverage of Starnet Raid – August 20, 1999 [1:15 “Starnet has been conducting illegal gaming and distributing child pornography over the Internet] 
The Confessions of Robert Pickton the Pig Farmer Serial Killer 

Inside Gareth Williams’ flat 

LRDG Founders
The Mayfair Set episode 1- Who Pays Wins

“Clinton secrets hacked by spy in bag 
Shocking new twist to the mystery five years on 
Gareth Williams was found dead in a holdall London Media Press
THE MI6 spy found dead in a holdall had illegally hacked into secret data on Bill Clinton, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.

Gareth Williams, 31, dug out the guestlist for an event the former American president was going to as a favour for a pal.

The codebreaker — who had breached his security clearance — handed the list to the friend, who was also to be a guest.

MI6 bosses raged over the data breach amid growing tensions with US security services over Mr Williams’s transatlantic work.

Today, just over five years since his body was found inside a padlocked bag, his death remains one of Britain’s most mysterious unsolved cases.

The Sun on Sunday can reveal that voicemail messages Mr Williams left for family and pals were deleted in the days after his death. And a rival agent may also have broken into the flat to destroy or remove evidence.

The inquest was barred from discussing Mr Williams’s work in public. But sources say he was helping on the joint monitoring network Echelon, which uses sophisticated programs to eavesdrop on terrorists and criminal gangs, particularly those in Russia.

Echelon is used by Britain, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

A source said: “The Clinton diary hack came at a time when Williams’s work with America was of the most sensitive nature.

“It was a diplomatic nightmare for Sir John Sawers, the new director of MI6 at the time.”

Insiders claim Mr Williams, who had been given a second passport with a fresh identity, was also getting fed up with living a secret life. He is said to have loathed his spy training after having his wrist broken during one hardcore session.

One insider said: “Williams’s state of mind in the months before his death was worrying those closest to him.

“He found the training so stressful and his mood blackened even talking about it.

“Typically he’d be asked to learn a new identity then report to a country hotel to meet an interrogation team. There he would be grilled about his new ID for 48 hours without sleep.

“His wrist was broken once after he was handcuffed to a metal bar inside a van that was driven around the country for several hours while he faced a barrage of questions.”

His sister Ceri Subbe also told the inquest he did not enjoy the “flash car competition and post-work drinking culture” of MI6.

He had applied to return to GCHQ, in Cheltenham, but bosses were slow in approving this.

Mr Williams, a keen cyclist originally from Anglesey, North Wales, died shortly after returning from a hacking conference in America.

He had been to see a drag queen show by himself two days before he was last seen alive, on August 15, 2010.

Eight days later his naked body was found folded into the 32in by 19in bag placed in the bath of his flat in Pimlico, central London.

His mobile phone and sim cards were laid out on a table. The last computer evidence of him being alive showed him looking at a cycling website.

Detectives are still baffled as to how the maths genius and expert cryptographer died.

An initial line of inquiry was that he was killed by a jealous lover. Yet there were no signs of forced entry to the flat.

In 2012, lawyers for his family said he could have been killed by someone who specialised in the “dark arts of the secret services.” The police did not rule out his intelligence work playing a part in his death.

They thought he may have been stuffed in the bag by killers who later broke back in to cover their tracks.

The nature of Mr Williams’s work remains a secret, but sources claim he dealt with equipment that tracked the flow of cash from Russia to Europe. The technology let MI6 follow money trails from accounts in Russia to criminal gangs.

A Kremlin car was spotted near his home on the day he was last seen alive.

Police also issued e-fits of a “Mediterranean” couple said to have visited Mr Williams in either June or July.

Coroner Dr Fiona Wilcox, who heard the 2012 inquest into his death, criticised MI6 for failing to report Mr Williams missing for a week. The delay meant a Home Office pathologist was unable to find a cause of death.

Dr Wilcox concluded that Mr Williams’s death was “unnatural and likely to have been criminally mediated”.

She ruled out his interest in bondage and drag queens as having any bearing, adding: “I wonder if this was an attempt by some third party to manipulate the evidence.”

She also dismissed speculation that Mr Williams died due to some kind of “auto-erotic activity” and denied he had any interest in claustrophilia, the love of enclosed spaces.

Experts said even escapologist Harry Houdini would have struggled to lock himself in the bag. Pathologists said Mr Williams would have suffocated within three minutes if he was still alive when put in there.

Yet a year later, Scotland Yard ended a review of the investigation, saying it was more likely Mr Williams had locked himself in the bag and no one else was involved. The announcement angered Mr Williams’s family, who said they stood by the coroner’s findings.

Last night a Met spokesman said: “The death of Gareth Williams was subject to a thorough investigation and coroner’s inquest. We are not prepared to speculate.”

“Canadian Police Raid Starnet Headquarters, Executives’ Homes
21 August 1999 
by Fred Faust 
The Internet gaming world was rocked Friday by a police raid in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police and three local police agencies raided the headquarters of Starnet Communications International Inc., and the homes of six of the company’s top executives.

Starnet is one of the leading players in the online gaming industry. Through its Softec Systems Caribbean Inc., Starnet provides interactive gaming software for numerous Internet casinos. It also provides its casino licensees with e-cash financial services.

The company has several online casinos of its own, focusing mainly on the Asian market. Its executives have often said that neither Starnet’s own casinos nor those of its licensees knowingly accept bets from North America.

Anywhere from 30 to 100 police officers, armed with search warrants, were reported to be involved in the raids, which began at 6:30 a.m. Vancouver time. No one was arrested or charged.

The police said they’re in the midst of a long investigation into illegal gaming activity and Internet distribution of pornography.

As of late Friday afternoon, police were still searching Starnet’s headquarters, which is in a rundown section of Vancouver. Employees were not allowed in the building. Starnet uses three floors for its staff and massive amounts of computer equipment.

The effect on the operations of Starnet’s licensed casinos and their customers could not be determined. But disruption seemed inevitable.

“There have been some interruptions here and in Antigua,” said Jason King, Starnet’s chief operating officer, in a brief interview with RGTOnLine late Friday afternoon. The company’s Internet servers are in Antigua.

He said the company hopes to get operations back to normal “in the next 48 hours.” King and Starnet corporate counsel Chris Zacharias were two of the executives whose homes were searched.

King said the RCMP were polite, and that “we’re cooperating fully. “We’ll help them out any way we can.”

The police did not say when they would return the documents they seized, King said.

“They said we can call if we need anything in particular,” he said.

The scope of the investigation is wide-ranging, judging from a statement issued Friday by CLEU, the Coordinated Law Enforcement Unit of British Columbia:
“The offences being investigated include illegal betting and bookmaking, making agreements for the purchase or sale of betting or gaming privileges, providing information intended for use in connection with bookmaking, possession and distribution of pornographic material, and possession of the proceeds of crime.

“Starnet Communications and its subsidiaries have been under investigation by CLEU investigators for over eighteen months in regard to illegal gaming and the distribution of prohibited pornographic materials over the Internet. Investigators have determined that millions of dollars flowed through Starnet controlled bank accounts each month as the result of its Internet based gaming system.”

Starnet’s original business was the operation of pornographic Internet sites. It still has that business, which its executives have said they will sell in order to concentrate on online gaming.

In an interview earlier this month, Mark Dohlen, Starnet’s chief executive, said cash flow from the adult Internet sites financed the development phase of the company’s gaming software.

But there’s a “bigger opportunity in gaming,” he said. Also, he said, “we want to attract institutional investors.” Some of the larger buyers of stock won’t buy shares in a company that’s involved in the sale of adult materials, he said.

Starnet is incorporated in the U.S., in Delaware, and its stock is publicly traded on the OTC Bulletin Board, under the symbol SNMM. Like stock in many Internet companies, its shares have risen dramatically this year.

But as word spread of Friday’s raids, Starnet’s stock plunged 69 percent, closing at $4.06. It’s all-time high of $29 was reached July 6.
Whatever problems the company has with the police won’t go away soon. A report on Vancouver radio station CKNW/98 said investigators will be at Starnet’s headquarters all weekend.

RCMP spokesman Frank Henley told RGTOnLine Friday afternoon that the investigation “will continue for quite some time.”
In a statement late Friday, Dohlen said, “We are dismayed by this disruption of our three-year-old operations, have retained legal counsel and will vigorously defend our rights.

“It is regrettable that we were not given an opportunity to cooperate with authorities regarding their concerns. Cutting edge companies at the forefront of online services like Starnet are often misunderstood, but we are a fully reporting U.S. public company and our international operations comply with the laws of their respective jurisdictions.””

“The SAS was the brain child of Lieutenant Archibald David Stirling, Initially the unit was known as ‘L’ Detachment, SAS Brigade, (so named from August 24, 1941) Stirling often credited Jock Lewes and Paddy Blair Mayne as co-founders of the unit. Initially the unit was going to be a parachute unit, which would be dropped behind enemy lines, blow up airfields, and then rendezvous with the LRDG and be brought back to friendly lines.

After a dismal failure with the first air drop, Stirling discussed the idea of LRDG providing “taxi” service to and from enemy targets. The LRDG agreed but eventually this became an undue stress for the LRDG as they still had their other duties to do. Eventually the SAS acquired their own vehicles and were taught the necessary desert navigational skills by the LRDG. Unlike the LRDG, the SAS did little reconnaissance work and no surveying work, concentrating principally on destruction of enemy airfields.

At times, the SAS and the LRDG were at odds with each other. This was especially the case when the SAS conducted raids in areas where the LRDG were conducting road watches or other intelligence gathering missions. On more than one occasion, the LRDG had missions compromised and lives lost because the SAS performed a raid in an area off limits to direct action. For the most part, however, the units complimented each other.
After the Desert War ended, the SAS continued work in Italy and later Northern France, often performing duties as a motorized airborne/commando force. The unit was disbanded after the war but quickly reconstituted in 1947.”

“GOP Candidate Carly Fiorina [Cara Carleton Sneed] Pathological Liar And Protegée Of NSA And CIA Boss Michael Hayden 
by United Front Against Austerity | Tax Wall Street Party
GOP Candidate Carly Fiorina Born Cara Carleton Sneed Unmasked as Top Spook, Pathological Liar and Protegée of NSA and CIA Boss Michael Hayden; Carly Holds Top Secret Security Clearance; Downsizing and Runaway Shop Queen Attended Posh London Private School; Father Was Elitist Dean of Duke University Law School and Federal Appellate Judge; Claim She Started as Secretary Is a Tissue of Lies; Her Candidacy Raises Issue of Intelligence Community Asset in the White House
Carly Fiorina, whose birth name is Cara Carleton Sneed, claims that she started as a secretary and heroically rose to become a CEO of Hewlett Packard.

Republican candidates seeking to dupe their gullible supporters and mask their dubious personal backgrounds often tout this typical Horatio Alger rags-to-riches story. Carly Fiorina is no exception to this pattern however her personality is saturated with this lie and many others as well as exhibiting signs of insanity that only comes from being attached at the hip to the intelligence establishment.

Fiorina’s father was Joseph Tyree Sneed, III who would become the dean of Duke University School of Law, a Deputy Attorney General, and a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Readers are reminded that the only judicial level higher than the circuit appellate court is the Supreme Court; this would make Carly’s father an incredibly influential and well-connected individual. Carly went to the posh all-girls Channing School in London and then to Stanford University. It is likely that Carly’s story of starting as a humble secretary came as a result of her father pressuring her to taking up a job with Kelly Girls, which she did during the summer as a student at Stanford. After dropping out of law school at UCLA and she moved on to business school and then to her well publicized career as an asset stripper and wrecker of companies like Lucent and Hewlett-Packard.

It was allegedly only after the board of directors at Hewlett-Packard fired her that Carly came into the orbit of the intelligence community, but some are skeptical. She had previously provided services for the Pentagon through an unpaid position on the Defense Business Board. But her breakthrough came when she was picked by the infamous war criminal Michael Hayden to lead the CIA’s External Advisory Board. The National Review reported:

“Hayden called up the CEO of Hewlett Packard, Carly Fiorina. ‘HP made precisely the equipment we needed, and we needed in bulk,’ says Robert Deitz, who was general counsel at the NSA from 1998 to 2006. Deitz recalls that a tractor-trailer full of HP servers and other equipment was on the Washington, D.C. Beltway, en route to retailers, at the very moment Hayden called. Fiorina instructed her team to postpone the retailer delivery and have the driver stop. An NSA police car met up with the tractor-trailer and the truck proceeded, with an armed escort, to NSA headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland. It was an early moment in the close professional relationship between Hayden and Fiorina. Five years later, President George W. Bush named Hayden director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Upon assuming control at Langley, Hayden decided that he wanted to create an ‘External Advisory Board.’ He once again turned to Fiorina, and she went on to chair that board.”[1]

The National Review article goes on to detail how Carly was a consistent presence in at Langley and worked on “assembling recommendations for national-security policy and developing a close working relationship with some of the most powerful officials in the administration.”

Robert Deitz, the source for much of the Review’s commentary on Fiorina, is now a loyal supporter of her campaign. He also told the Review that Fiorina had “more or less” the highest level of security clearance. Fiorina sat on a panel during her tenure at the CIA that was faced with the question of whether foreign intelligence had a future in the country; her panel’s answer is classified but Dietz reported that it was “unclear” whether the intelligence community would require major adjustments to continue its foreign intelligence operations.

As President, Carly would make the Nixon and Bush 43 administrations look like the ACLU. Her sponsor, Michael Hayden, was the head of the NSA and then the CIA, and was for a time the highest ranking US military officer. He is a totalitarian bureaucrat, once telling reporters that probable cause for search warrants was not a part of the Fourth Amendment’s prohibition of unreasonable searches and seizures. He was up to his neck in NSA wiretaps and snooping, including the abortive Project Trailblazer, which was widely criticized and shut down. Fiorina would shred what is left of civil liberties.”

“Pentagon, Navy grapple over NMCI delay
By Bill Murray
Jul 16, 2001
Naval Station Norfolk
Related Links
“Navy intrusions on rise”
It was a tense week for proponents of the Navy Marine Corps Intranet contract as Navy and Defense Department officials wrangled over how the innovative outsourcing program should be tested and evaluated.

The current plan is to have 42,000 NMCI users by this November. However, meeting that schedule could be stalled until November 2002, according to a June 29 memo by Linton Wells II, acting DOD chief information officer.

In the memo, obtained by Federal Computer Week, Wells cited an updated NMCI schedule that Joseph Cipriano, Navy Department program executive officer for information technology, presented June 27 to a Pentagon oversight and review group. Referring to a “significant slip” in NMCI implementation, Wells wrote, “A schedule impact of this magnitude usually indicates that major problems exist.

“As the DOD CIO, I want you to know I fully support the [Navy Department’s] efforts, but these issues must be resolved before I can provide the mandated Clinger-Cohen Act certification to Congress.” Clinger-Cohen requires agencies to implement enterprise architectures; Congress made NMCI compliance with the act a prerequisite for releasing fiscal 2002 funds.

Wells met with Navy Department and DOD test and evaluation officials July 12 to discuss their options. The outcome was unknown, but a source familiar with the situation said another meeting is scheduled for this week.

Rick Rosenburg, NMCI program executive for lead vendor Electronic Data Systems Corp., predicted that officials would reach a compromise and denied that major program problems exist. “We are ready to go” the last week in July with the first 500 NMCI users at Naval Air Facility Washington.

The talk of delays comes on the heels of July 9 comments by Sen. John Warner (R-Va.), ranking member on the Senate Armed Services Committee. Speaking with reporters at the opening of the first NMCI network operations center, Warner indicated that commercial test and evaluation techniques were not enough to prove the contract’s mettle.

But a Warner spokesman said the senator was not prescribing a strategy for the $6.9 billion procurement project. “He wants DOD and [the Navy Department] to work together” to reach an agreement, Carter Cornick said. “They’ve got to do their job, and then we’ll evaluate.”
If DOD uses commercial test and evaluation methods to measure NMCI, the evaluation could meet its November 2001 deadline, an EDS official said.
If Congress does not receive the mandated operational evaluation from Wells in time to approve the funds, the Navy Department wouldn’t be able to use any fiscal 2002 dollars for NMCI.

If Wells were to require that NMCI undergo the same testing and evaluation regimen that DOD officials use for weapons systems, Rosenburg said EDS would have to halt its NMCI deployment after it switches over the entire Naval Air Systems Command.

“The testing community has worked hard to develop a reasonable approach and is not the reason for the slippage,” said Pentagon spokeswoman Susan Hansen, who attributed NMCI’s problems to the number of legacy applications that require testing.

Any attempt to delay NMCI is a “huge mistake,” according to Paul Brubaker, the former Pentagon deputy CIO who is now president of e-government solutions at Commerce One Inc.

“If those who seek to use the political process to impede [NMCI] are successful—and we can only pray they are not—it may irrevocably destroy the ability of government to modernize its infrastructure and realize the promise of the Information Age,” Brubaker said.”

“CIA Aided Program to Spy on U.S. Cellphones 
Marshals Service uses airborne devices that mimic cell towers to scan data on thousands of cellphones 
Updated March 10, 2015 7:39 p.m. ET
WASHINGTON—The Central Intelligence Agency played a crucial role in helping the Justice Department develop technology that scans data from thousands of U.S. cellphones at a time, part of a secret high-tech alliance between the spy agency and domestic law enforcement, according to people familiar with the work.

The CIA and the U.S. Marshals Service, an agency of the Justice Department, developed technology to locate specific cellphones in the U.S. through an airborne device that mimics a cellphone tower, these people said.

Today, the Justice Department program, whose existence was reported by The Wall Street Journal last year, is used to hunt criminal suspects. The same technology is used to track terror suspects and intelligence targets overseas, the people said.

The program operates specially equipped planes that fly from five U.S. cities, with a flying range covering most of the U.S. population. Planes are equipped with devices—some past versions were dubbed “dirtboxes” by law-enforcement officials—that trick cellphones into reporting their unique registration information.

The surveillance system briefly identifies large numbers of cellphones belonging to citizens unrelated to the search. The practice can also briefly interfere with the ability to make calls, these people said.

Some law-enforcement officials are concerned the aerial surveillance of cellphone signals inappropriately mixes traditional police work with the tactics and technology of overseas spy work that is constrained by fewer rules. Civil-liberties groups say the technique amounts to a digital dragnet of innocent Americans’ phones.

The CIA has a long-standing prohibition that bars it from conducting most types of domestic operations, and officials at both the CIA and the Justice Department said they didn’t violate those rules.

The cooperation began a decade ago, when the CIA arranged for the Marshals Service to receive more than $1 million in gear to conduct such surveillance, said people familiar with the program. More than $100 million went into research and development of the devices.

For years, the U.S. Marshals’ Technical Operations Group worked with the CIA’s Office of Technical Collection to develop the technology. In the early days it was the CIA that provided the most resources, said the people familiar with the matter.

The CIA gave the Marshals Service the ability to conduct what officials called “silent stimulation” of cellphones. By using a device that mimics a cell tower, all phones in its range are compelled to send identifying information. When the device finds a target phone in that sea of information, the plane circles overhead until the device can locate it to within about 3 yards.

Some versions of the technology also can be used to intercept signals from phones, these people said. U.S. military and intelligence agencies have used the technology in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere to hunt terrorists, and map the use of cellphones in such places, according to people familiar with the work.

The cooperation between technical experts at the CIA and the Marshals Service, which law-enforcement officials have described as a “marriage,” represents one way criminal investigators are increasingly relying on U.S. intelligence agencies for operational support and technical assistance in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Many Justice Department officials view the joint effort with the CIA as having made valuable contributions to both domestic and overseas operations.

A CIA spokesman declined to comment on whether the CIA or any other agency uses the devices. Some technologies developed by the agency “have been lawfully and responsibly shared with other U.S. government agencies,” the spokesman said. “How those agencies use that technology is determined by the legal authorities that govern the operations of those individual organizations—not CIA.” He also said the relationship between the Marshals Service and CIA tech experts couldn’t be characterized as a marriage.

The Justice Department, which oversees the Marshals Service, would neither confirm nor deny the existence of such technology, saying that doing so would tip off criminals.

A Justice Department spokesman said Marshals Service techniques are “carried out consistent with federal law, and are subject to court approval.” The agency doesn’t conduct “domestic surveillance, intelligence gathering, or any type of bulk data collection,” the spokesman said, adding that it doesn’t gather any intelligence on behalf of U.S. spy agencies.

To civil libertarians, the close involvement of America’s premier international spy agency with a domestic law-enforcement arm shows how military and espionage techniques are now being used on U.S. citizens.

“There’s a lot of privacy concerns in something this widespread, and those concerns only increase if we have an intelligence agency coordinating with them,” said Andrew Crockerof the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which has filed a lawsuit seeking more details about the program and its origins.

The Marshals Service program is now the subject of congressional inquiries. The top Republican and Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee have raised concerns about possible invasion of privacy and legal oversight of the operations. Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley (R., Iowa) said the Justice Department must provide answers about its use of the technology, “including the legal authority agencies obtain prior to deploying these tools, the specific information they are giving to judges when requesting to use them, and what policies are in place to ensure the civil liberties of innocent Americans are protected.”

Concerns about how the Marshals Service uses the equipment grew among some officials last year after an incident in the Sinaloa area of Mexico. In that operation, several U.S. Marshals personnel were dressed as Mexican marines and carrying Mexican weapons as a Marshals plane circled overhead, searching for a suspect’s cellphone signal, according to people familiar with the operation.

As the men on the ground moved toward their target, they were fired on by drug-cartel suspects, and one of the Americans was badly wounded and airlifted to a hospital. The incident underscored for some law-enforcement officials the risks of such operations—that their personnel could be killed or possibly imprisoned while doing something that could be viewed as a crime in a foreign country. People familiar with the work say the agency conducts such operations roughly every few months, though each one is based on specific intelligence and needs.

The CIA and Marshals Service began field-testing one version of the device in 2004, said people familiar with the early years of the cooperation. That device worked on AT&T and T-Mobile phones, as well as most cellphones outside the U.S. As part of the joint work with the CIA, the Marshals Service received more than one of the devices at no cost. At the time, each unit had a price tag of more than $300,000, these people said.

In 2005, the CIA gave the Marshals Service technology to conduct “silent stimulation” of those types of cellphones, both for identifying them and, with a court order, intercepting the communications, these people said. The following year, the CIA and Marshals Service began field testing a way of cracking a different cellphone system used widely in the U.S., giving them the ability to identify phones on the Verizon and Sprint/Nextel networks. A Sprint spokeswoman declined to comment while the other phone companies didn’t respond to requests for comment.

In 2008, the CIA arranged for the Marshals Service to receive without charge one of the new devices, which cost about $500,000 each, these people said. That year, they began field testing a new version that would work against the next generation of cellphones, according to people familiar with the work.

Write to Devlin Barrett at devlin.barrett@wsj.com”

“HP broadened our definition of a minority business in 2009. The main category of businesses our supplier diversity program supports are minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned and small businesses. For the first time, we have included lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender-owned (LBGT-owned) businesses in the definition. Through our new sponsorship of, and collaboration with, the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), we will maintain a pipeline of potential LBGT-owned suppliers. In 2009, we also increased our sponsorship of women-owned businesses.”

“A dead pool, also known as a death pool, is a game of prediction which involves guessing when someone will die. Sometimes it is a bet where money is involved.[1] The combination of dead or death, and betting pool, refers to such a gambling arrangement.[clarification needed]

In the early 20th century, death pools were popular in dangerous sports such as motorsport, for example the first edition of the Indianapolis 500.[2]

A typical modern dead pool might have players pick out celebrities who they think will die within the year. Most games start on January 1, and run for 12 months although there are some variations on game length and timing.[citation needed] 

 In 2000, website Fucked Company claimed to be a “dot-com dead pool” which invited users to predict the next Internet startups to fail during that era’s dot com bust.[3] The site itself folded in 2007 after a long history as a target for strategic lawsuits against public participation by companies.[4]”

Colonel Sir Archibald David Stirling, DSO, OBE[2] (15 November 1915 – 4 November 1990) was a British mountaineer, World War II British Army officer, and the founder of the Special Air Service.

.. Life before the war[edit]

Stirling was born at his family’s ancestral home, Keir Housein the parish of Lecropt, Perthshire. He was the son of Brigadier General Archibald Stirling, of Keir, and Margaret Fraser, daughter of Simon Fraser, the Lord Lovat, (a descendant of Charles II, King of Scots). His cousin was Simon Fraser, 15th Lord Lovat, and his grandparents were Sir William Stirling-Maxwell, 9th Baronet and Lady Anna Maria Leslie-Melville. Raised in the Roman Catholic faith of his mother, he was educated at the Benedictine Ampleforth College and Trinity College, Cambridge. A tall and athletic figure (he was 6 feet 6 inches (1.98 m) tall). He was training to climb Mount Everest when World War II broke out.


In North Africa, in the fifteen months before Stirling’s capture, the SAS had destroyed over 250 aircraft on the ground, dozens of supply dumps, wrecked railways and telecommunications, and had put hundreds of enemy vehicles out of action. Field Marshal Montgomery described Stirling as “mad, quite mad” but admitted that men like Stirling were needed in time of war. According to John Aspinal, Stirling reputedly personally strangled 41 men.[5]
Private military company[edit]

Worried that Britain was losing its power after the war, Stirling organised deals to provide British weapons and military personnel to other countries, like Saudi Arabia, for various privatised foreign policy operations.[5] Along with several associates, Stirling formed Watchguard International Ltd, formerly with offices in Sloane Street (where the Chelsea Hotel later opened) before moving to South Audley Street in Mayfair.

Business was chiefly with the Gulf States. He was linked, along with Denys Rowley, to a failed attempt to the overthrow Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi in 1970 or 1971. Stirling was the founder of private military company KAS International, also known as KAS Enterprises.[6]

Watchguard International Ltd was a private military company, registered in Jersey in 1965 by Stirling and John Woodhouse. Woodhouse’s first assignment was to go to Yemen to report on the state of the royalist forces when a cease-fire was declared. At the same time Stirling was cultivating his contacts in the Iranian government and exploring the chances of obtaining work in Africa. The company operated in Zambia and in Sierra Leone, providing training teams and advising on security matters, but its founders’ maverick ways of doing business caused its eventual downfall. Woodhouse resigned as Director of Operations after a series of disagreements and Stirling ceased to take an active part in 1972.[7]

Great Britain 75[edit]

In mid-1970s Great Britain, Stirling became increasingly worried that an “undemocratic event” would occur and decided to take action. He created an organisation called Great Britain 75 and recruited members from the aristocratic clubs in Mayfair; mainly ex-military men (often former SAS members). The plan was simple. Should civil unrest result in the breakdown of normal Government operations, they would take over its running. He describes this in detail in an interview from 1974, part of which is present in Adam Curtis’s documentary “The Mayfair Set”, episode 1: “Who Pays Wins”.[5]

In August 1974, before Stirling was ready to go public with GB75, the pacifist magazine Peace News obtained and published his plans, and eventually Stirling – dismayed by the right-wing character of many of those seeking to join GB75 – abandoned the scheme.[citation needed]”

Yours sincerely,

Field McConnell, United States Naval Academy, 1971; Forensic Economist; 30 year airline and 22 year military pilot; 23,000 hours of safety; Tel: 715 307 8222

David Hawkins Tel: 604 542-0891 Forensic Economist; former leader of oil-well blow-out teams; now sponsors Grand Juries in CSI Crime and Safety Investigation

859 Total Views 1 Views Today
Please follow and like us:

Related Post